POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Now that I no longer work for them... : Re: Now that I no longer work for them... Server Time
16 Apr 2024 12:46:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now that I no longer work for them...
From: John VanSickle
Date: 28 Jan 2013 19:44:37
Message: <51071b75$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/27/2013 11:31 PM, Kenneth wrote:
> Really funny and clever! And with motion-blur ;-)  Nicely done.
>
> I would guess... WAL-MART. Especially with poor ol' 'Sam' in the casket. But
> Wal-Mart's Made-In-China policy certainly isn't *new.*

About 20 years ago (shortly after Sam Walton died), they were still at
least trying to source American-made products.  At some point between
then and now, they switched, to the point that they strongly suggested
to suppliers that they move their operations to China.

> Did you do the final assembly of the animation completely in POV-Ray?

I got the image for the globe on-line, and the Arkansas map on-line as
well.  Everything else is POV-Ray, including all fades, wipes, titling,
and motion-blur.  I used CMPEG (which will be turning 20 this year) for
the video encoding.

Regards,
John