POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Returning camera position. : Re: Returning camera position. Server Time
16 Apr 2024 15:40:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Returning camera position.
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Dec 2012 09:59:29
Message: <50cde1d1$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/12/2012 10:51 PM, StephenS wrote:
> It's possible the Camera block is of fixed output length. All you would need to
> do is count the steps too the part you want.

The format is always the same but if the location varies by significant
figures then you might get a missmatch. So I found Location then the
first instance of "<" from that position then ">" from "location". I did
not see your use of "val" and I had to concatenate some declares then
use Parse_String(String) to pass the values back into PovRay. A bit
"around the houses", as is we say over here. But it works and I can find
the value of "look_at" as well. So I don't need to use a fixed camera
when using "screen.inc", now. :-D

--
Regards
     Stephen