POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation of Numerical Simulations : Re: Animation of Numerical Simulations Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:43:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation of Numerical Simulations
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 31 Oct 2012 11:45:51
Message: <509147af$1@news.povray.org>
Sereib wrote:
> Thank you, it works fine now!
>
> By the way, some kind of "#global" identifiers which keep their values between
> two frames would be fine and make these kind of animations easier

I tried something like this, is is actually a small change if cleanup
of memory is not a priority and values may persist between individual
renders even when not doing an animation (can also be very useful).
The latter part only concerns rendering from IDE, of course.

Once 3.7 is released I'll try to patch it in the final source code
and post it here. Currently I didn't even get around to setting up
compilation again after moving to 64-bit / VS 2010. I think there
was no free precompiled 64-bit boost installer so I'll have to
look into compiling that as well. Someday ...