POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Yet another PoseRay feature request(s) : Yet another PoseRay feature request(s) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:40:22 EDT (-0400)
  Yet another PoseRay feature request(s)
From: Tim Cook
Date: 21 Oct 2012 10:02:58
Message: <50840092$1@news.povray.org>
- Native .nif object importing, so I don't have to mess around with
nifskope as an intermediate step?
http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Niflib is a C++ library for
handling them...
- ability to remove individual meshes from the groups listing; merging
several objects into one 'scene', once you have a bunch, then
accidentally merging a mesh by mistake requires completely restarting
the process.
- ability to batch-load several meshes at one go, using some or another
black magic to avoid mesh name collisions (say, looking at the original
file names to see if there's a particular format pattern, e.g. "blob
1,2.obj", "blob 1,3.obj", "blob 1,4.obj")

Those three features would make my current project go blindingly faster.
  ^_^;;;;;

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.sjcook.com