POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Skyrim (and beyond) : Re: Skyrim (and beyond) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:38:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skyrim (and beyond)
From: Tim Cook
Date: 15 Oct 2012 11:44:18
Message: <507c2f52@news.povray.org>
I do believe I just clicked on the 'reply' button instead of 'followup'...

...again.

Really dislike that 'feature' of Thunderbird.

I think the data I pulled is the level-of-detail terrain data from
in-game, one or another of which is used as the world-map as well...?

I'm of half a mind to take and scale the meshes so they match what I've
been able to discern of 'real' distances for things; they're squished
about 10x laterally and stretched 10x vertically, so when you correct
for that, Skyrim's a lot flatter.  (It's about 250 lore-canon miles from
Dawnstar to Windhelm, or something like that...?  Whereas in-game, if
you use their 128 units = 6 feet, it's only about 25 miles.  And the
Throat of the World is iirc 52 miles high--again with the 128 units to 6
feet measure.)