POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Alphabet blocks : Re: Alphabet blocks Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:04:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alphabet blocks
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Sep 2012 17:12:37
Message: <5064c145$1@news.povray.org>
On 27/09/12 17:11, clipka wrote:
> +HR doesn't help for frame-to-frame problems, it just makes sure
> that the /same/ scene renders identically each time.

   Admittedly, I didn't finish reading the description... :(

> There's really only one way around radiosity flicker, and that's
> higher-quality radiosity settings. (From my experience with static
> scenes, a deeper pretrace often helps a lot.)

   Oh, no... I was trying to avoid raising the quality, as it renders
already somewhat slow.

   But I had a wild idea... I think someone suggested it sometime ago,
but I don't know if anyone ever tested it: saving/loading radiosity from
one frame to frame, by using both +RFI and +RFO for every frame. I just
did a quick test, and the flickering seems much less noticeable... but
perhaps is my imagination: will render the final animation tonight and
report back.

--
Jaime