POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Adolescent’s_delight : Re: Adolescent’s_delight Server Time
23 Apr 2024 22:29:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adolescent’s_delight
From: Alain
Date: 10 Jun 2012 12:15:21
Message: <4fd4c819$1@news.povray.org>

> On 08/06/2012 12:38 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> I am not happy with the pattern of transparency and after lots of
>> experimentation this is the best I can come up with. I would appreciate
>> it if anyone could point to a better method.

>> even incrementing it by 1/5000000000 per frame makes the output too
>> jerky. I feel that I am taking the wrong approach.
>
> I changed the blend map pattern to marble, which gives a slightly better
> pattern to the transparency, I think.
> The biggest difference to the animation was adding uv_mapping to the

> material{
> texture {
> uv_mapping
> pigment {
>
> Comments?
>
> http://youtu.be/jvZfbKGbUDs

Looks beter, but somewhat lacking in realism.

Normaly, those transparency are at least somewhat dependent on the
vewing angle. The light's incidence angle also have an effect.

You should probably explore something using the aoi (angle of incidence)
pattern.
For that, you'll need to use version 3.7.

Alain