POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : PoseRay 3.13.15 BETA: wrong POV-Ray +AM command line parameter : Re: PoseRay 3.13.15 BETA: wrong POV-Ray +AM command line parameter Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoseRay 3.13.15 BETA: wrong POV-Ray +AM command line parameter
From: FlyerX
Date: 27 Mar 2012 06:16:31
Message: <4f71937f$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/27/2012 2:00 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 27-3-2012 2:40, FlyerX wrote:
>> On 3/17/2012 1:12 AM, clipka wrote:
>>> I just noticed that the PoseRay 3.13.15 BETA puts the wrong +AM command
>>> line parameter in the *_POV_scene.pov header comment, giving me this:
>>>
>>> //This file was designed to run with the following command line options:
>>> // +W1024 +H768 +FN +AM3 +A -UA
>>>
>>> when I chose recursive AA.
>>>
>>> The INI file is ok.
>>
>> Thanks for the bug report. This, among other things, will be fixed on
>> the next PoseRay beta that will be released this week.
>>

> About next release (or later) you may have seen in p.b.i. Norbert Kern's
> Coloured leaves and the use he made of an old Poseray version to export
> mesh files instead of mesh2. Would it be an idea to make this an option
> in future Poseray? mesh2 remaining the default of course. It might be
> useful for different things.
>
> Thomas

I saw that post. I really do not understand the projection pattern well
enough to see why is mesh{} still needed. The old mesh format was
removed from PoseRay's code base a long time ago. It created files that
were way too large and it was slow to parse. Often, with large models,
POV-Ray would run out of memory. I will look into it but I doubt mesh{}
will return to PoseRay.

FlyerX