POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : PoV-Ray 3.7 installation revisited : Re: PoV-Ray 3.7 installation revisited Server Time
16 Apr 2024 05:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV-Ray 3.7 installation revisited
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 18 Feb 2012 20:41:46
Message: <4f40535a$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 12.02.2012 07:20, Warp wrote:

>    I'd say it's the opposite: Installing everything is much simpler than
> trying to hand-pick whatever povray needs in particular.

Meanwhile (with another scrapyard computer bought for 10 euros, an
Athlon XP 2000+ with 512 MB RAM), the Internet connection has somewhat
returned to normal (still slow, but at least it does not stall anymore -
could also have been a firmware problem with the DSL router).

After re-installing Debian aptosid "Imera" and doing a full apt-get
dist-upgrade, I'm once more quite clueless how to proceed with PoV-Ray
3.7 RC3... meanwhile, aptosid's handling of the boost packages seems to
have changed - when I try apt-get install boost* now, I get a long list
of packages conflicting with already installed "46" versions of them:

libboost-date-time1.48-dev
libboost-filesystem1.48-dev
libboost-graph-parallel1.48-dev
libboost-graph1.48-dev