POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Moving Shadows and Reflections : Re: Moving Shadows and Reflections Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moving Shadows and Reflections
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Jan 2012 10:43:53
Message: <4f22c639@news.povray.org>
On 26/01/12 18:57, handos wrote:
> What you'd notice is that the shadows and reflections are moving.

   Well, what you are noticing is not really any shadow or reflection
movement... these are radiosity artifacts. What you call "shadows" are
really directly visible splotches, which are also visible on the
reflections. As these splotches are different for each frame, you see
them as "moving".

   Apart from the suggestions from Alain on a similar post from August, I
can't think on anything else. My experience with animation is almost
zero, so I never had to deal with this problem, but I'm guessing it has
no easy solution, or at least not a fast one as you want... ;)

--
Jaime