POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-Ray C++? : Re: POV-Ray C++? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 16:37:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray C++?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 Jan 2012 15:20:09
Message: <4f0362f9@news.povray.org>
On 03.01.12 21:13, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
>
>> If there was some funding for two or three of the current core developers
>> for just tree to four months, we would be up and running within that time.
>
> I remember Chris Cason posting once about a policy of not
> accepting cash donations (and checking now I couldn't find
> any obvious way to donate). I think a lot of people here would
> contribute if possible. Probably not enough to finance an entire
> man year but if you are actually interested in funding the
> policy seems counter-productive.

There is a difference with small donations compared to some organization
funding a specific goal. The former requires management of money and the
leftovers, the later is simply a contract of that organization (usually with
an interest in POV-Ray, i.e. for marketing) with specific developers for a
specific result. That is for example how POV-Ray got into SPEC, and how the
SMP branch came about.

     Thorsten