POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : breaking the law : Re: breaking the law Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:58:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: breaking the law
From: John VanSickle
Date: 15 Dec 2011 14:31:49
Message: <4eea4b25$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/30/2011 3:37 PM, B. Gimeno wrote:
> Hi:
> I've been looking at old posts before asking this question and understand me,
> I'm not requiring techniques on how to create effects of portal or wormholes.
> Surely someone shows me how to apply image maps to an object.

I've done this with a couple of my IRTC entries.  I shoot three sets of
frames, one of the normal-space view, one of the hyper-space view, and a
third with the mask for compositing, and then I render a pass to put it
all together.

The IRTC July-October 2004 third place entry has three shots where this
is done.  You can find it here:

http://www.irtc.org/anims/2004-10-15.html

Regards,
John