POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : breaking the law : Re: breaking the law Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:11:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: breaking the law
From: clipka
Date: 30 Nov 2011 18:16:18
Message: <4ed6b942@news.povray.org>
Am 30.11.2011 21:37, schrieb B. Gimeno:

> Is it possible to somehow change the pov-ray code to circumvent the continuity
> of space as shown in this video from youtube?

If we're talking about "shortcut" portals between two regions of
otherwise contiguous space, the feasibility has already been
demonstrated in MegaPOV with the "camera_view" pigment.

To fully recreate the effect shown in the video, however, one might need
multiple "worlds" existing independent of each other, except for portal
connections. While that's surely possible as well, the necessary POV-Ray
code changes would be more extensive.