POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Earth by clearmap.tga : Re: Earth by clearmap.tga Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:00:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth by clearmap.tga
From: Warp
Date: 5 Nov 2011 02:28:22
Message: <4eb4d786@news.povray.org>
> Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> > It appears to be available as 21600 x 10800 TIFF (173.5MB)

  You may have trouble using that directly with POV-Ray because according
to my calculations it would consume about 3.4 gigabytes of RAM. (In a
64-bit system with significantly more RAM than that it might work ok.)

> Actually, if you feel slightly insane, click on
> "Details and more Imagery" to find a 43200 x 21600
> version (split up in east and west image) ;)

  That will most definitely be unusable as-is in most system, as it consumes
something like 14 gigabytes of RAM (hence you can only use it in a 64-bit
system if you have more RAM than that.)

--
                                                          - Warp