POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Dynamic Hair and PoseRay : Re: Dynamic Hair and PoseRay Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:51:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dynamic Hair and PoseRay
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Nov 2011 04:48:49
Message: <4eb3a6f1$1@news.povray.org>
On 4-11-2011 0:00, Stephen wrote:
> In p.b.i Life in Gancaloon (wip 2) Thomas wrote
>
> 1) In Poser: Before exporting, adjust the Hair Density to your needs,
> and check Show Population (very important!).
>
> 2) In Poseray: Convert Lines to Tubes: set Minimum Line Length to 0; set
> Root diameter to 0.01; set Tip Diameter to 0.001.
>
> 3) In Poseray: Only export the tube_groups to POV-Ray, not the Lines
> (switch those off in the Group Menu).
>
> These simple rules make a difference. For the first time I've been able
> to render hair.

In addition to that, I would also suggest to start with a low Hair
Density, and increase gradually until you feel that the hair looks right
in Poseray/POV-Ray. Be aware indeed that the final mesh2 file can become
very heavy indeed.

Part of the density can be simulated (maybe) by a smart use of an
appropriate texture for the hair (in POV-Ray, as Poser's hair textures
are not taken into account in Poseray). I have been experimenting with a
wood texture and that looks very acceptable.

Thomas