POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POVRay 3.7 with depth-map unofficial patch release : Re: POVRay 3.7 with depth-map unofficial patch release Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:36:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay 3.7 with depth-map unofficial patch release
From: clipka
Date: 4 Aug 2011 16:52:49
Message: <4e3b06a1$1@news.povray.org>

[https://github.com/ankurhanda/povray.3.7.0.RC3.withdepthmap/blob/master/README_ANKUR]
> to get started. I'd be very keen on your suggestions, complaints and comments.

Note that you may actually be violating licensing terms, as RC3 source
code distribution is still governed by the same rules as the beta
versions; among others, these demand that the respective source code
"may not be re-distributed without the written permission of Persistence
of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd." (see the header of virtually any POV-Ray
3.7.0.RC3 source file).

While I personally would be inclined to welcome development of patches
to Version 3.7 even as it is now (Release Candidate stage), and I'd
guess that the other dev team members feel the same, Persistence of
Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd. (despite being owned and led by some dev team
members) might have reason to insist on the formal requirement of
obtaining written permission.

(With the 3.7 release proper things will get a lot easier again.)