POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : OC modules by the numbers : Re: OC modules by the numbers Server Time
16 Apr 2024 09:07:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OC modules by the numbers
From: Warp
Date: 25 Jul 2011 07:39:39
Message: <4e2d55fb@news.povray.org>
> Number of user-rated modules: 3
> Average rating: 4.33

> Number of modules with user comments: 3

  I feel a bit sad because I'm pretty certain that if this service had been
set up 10 years ago, in the same timespan that it has been now there would
probably have been several hundreds (if not over a thousand) modules, and
a significantly higher percentage of ratings and comments.

  (OTOH the average *quality* of the modules would probably have been
significantly lower. If there's anything positive about the situation is
that mostly the experienced hard-core users are submitting their include
files, and they tend to be of rather high quality.)

--
                                                          - Warp