POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POVRay 3.7 with depth-map unofficial patch release : Re: POVRay 3.7 with depth-map unofficial patch release Server Time
18 Apr 2024 11:30:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay 3.7 with depth-map unofficial patch release
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 17 Jul 2011 15:03:33
Message: <4e233205$1@news.povray.org>
Le 17/07/2011 18:32, handos nous fit lire :

[https://github.com/ankurhanda/povray.3.7.0.RC3.withdepthmap/blob/master/README_ANKUR]
> to get started. I'd be very keen on your suggestions, complaints and comments.

Why did you commit the compiled files too ?
And left "cout <<" in code ? with getchar() too ?
The postproc directory seems to be a left-over of first design.
Some files have been updated only to have traces which are now in comments.

(So, to summarise gently: clean up is needed)

Also a shame you did not put unmodified 3.7RC3 as some step in your git,
looking for your patches would have been easier.

The depthArray (or whatever its name) could need to be disk-buffered
(transparently, same as -IM/-MI option) for large picture.

I'm not sure I understand the purpose & behaviour of the Depth Patch.

Nor why you needed the F_Triangle_Patch from megapov either.