POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : What program to make a movie : Re: What program to make a movie Server Time
20 Apr 2024 12:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What program to make a movie
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 20 May 2011 04:40:57
Message: <4dd62919$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/19/2011 11:00 AM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> If you can work with the command line:
>
> http://www.ffmpeg.org/
>
> There also seem to be some GUIs written
> around that but I never tried them.
Problem with both of these though, unfortunately. ffmpeg seems to cause
problems with "some" applications. Mind, it may have been with Media
Player, which is junk anyway, or something, I don't remember.

The audio encoding for TMpgenc is really poor, and they admit it on
their own site. Its not a huge issue, in most cases, but trying to, for
example, recode something can result in sync problems, complete loss of
audio, and other issues. And, in some cases you *might* try to create a
video, only to find part of the sound missing, or not synced right. If
you could afford it, buying their updated encoder, which contains fixes
for those things, as well as more formats (like dvd).

It really annoys me that there isn't anything better out there, which is
still free. This is especially true when trying to do conversions. I
spent a lot of time trying to do a simple re-mixing of multiple files
together and ended up with a) lower video quality, b) sound gaps between
the segments that where linked, etc. But, these things are, never the
less, the only stuff out there at the moment, that I could find, which
wasn't even more limited/poorer.