POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Can't read ../../file.inc : Re: Can't read ../../file.inc Server Time
18 Apr 2024 02:28:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't read ../../file.inc
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Feb 2011 14:51:41
Message: <4d5c2acd$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
>> STOP, that is no bug, that is by design!
>
> What? You mean that it strips any "../.." ???

One would think that at worst the bug would be "it silently gives the wrong
result instead of reporting an error."

If the intention is to disallow ".." at the start of the string for security
purposes, it should give an error rather than point at a different file
(which would be its own security problem right there).  If it's not
security-related, I'm really curious how this could be considered a feature.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
     "That was fatal?"