POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects : Re: MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:00:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MUST, be very simple: Win bmp as texture on objects
From: clipka
Date: 1 Jan 2011 17:54:42
Message: <4d1fb0b2@news.povray.org>
Am 01.01.2011 22:31, schrieb syntotic:
> Formatting was for effect. I do know the documentation quite well and indeed it
> _implies_ bmp is so native for Windows that it can be used without conversion.
> Searching is not always useful! It brings in too much material and background is
> such a too general idea for it but I ll try the NEAR...
>
> I had some **one button** solutions though they seemingly appeared _elsewhere_
> _somehow_... rounded boxes. You can wrap images as textures on anything but then
> you do not care much about how it gets distorted if it gives an interesting
> effect. But I need and want the image to be manipulable as the face of a box or
> the background of a plane.
>
> What I got so far was... a background plane that shows the picture distorted as
> if the plane was hyperbolic space! I tried all mappings but it only gets worse,
> both with and without once. And I cannot find the mapping between the images
> size in pixels and the transformations the image goes through. Tried scaling
> different ways but pixels are still stretched into elongated, eliptical
> cuadrangles. Space does seems to be hyperbolical for planes by default, right?
> Considering what I want to do, a scene laboratory, what I need to place the
> image as background for a plane or square should take less effort than writing
> all these lines! I would need something similar to Windows viewports and
> mappings, but without waiting for a new feature to be added to the bundle, can
> anyone provide a simple macro for picture display on planes? Or how would you
> render Pictures at an Exhibition?

I think I still haven't got the slightest clue what you're trying to
achieve. I guess you may need to re-word the question. Try being less
"hectic" in your explanation.

You may also want to try posting in povray.general or povray.newusers,
as this newsgroup is specifically for questions regarding the Windows
version of POV-Ray, so you have a smaller audience here.

A sample scene of what you managed to achieve so far might be helpful as
well, or a drawing of what you're trying to achieve, or something along
that lines. Give us some help to visualize your problem.