POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Rendering animations in Vista? : Re: Rendering animations in Vista? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:58:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering animations in Vista?
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Oct 2010 06:34:38
Message: <4cc168be@news.povray.org>
On 21/10/2010 9:49 PM, Tim Cook wrote:
> On 2010-10-08 02:17, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> You might consider Bishop3D...
>
> I downloaded it and tried it out...and found it rather unintuitive.

I found the UI a bit of a change from Moray, myself.

> Clicking in a viewport does nothing.
> Click-dragging in a viewport does nothing.

Double clicking a viewport's label maximises the viewport. Right
clicking a viewport's label opens up a context menu. Clicking on an
object selects it and Alt+Click+Drag opens up a dialogue box where you
can select (via a drop down) the objects in the drag area.

> Those are pretty basic user-interface command operations, why aren't
> they used? Moray's interface let me get right to playing around with it
> from the get-go when I first tried it out back in 1998, though I didn't
> learn about duplicating objects with ctrl+D until much later.

I think that Bishop3D is a bit more useful for PovRay users who want to
use a bit of coding especially in the Animation side of it where you can
enter formulas into the time lines or upload a text file with values.
(My interest, so I requested these features) Of course one of the
biggest plus points is that Bishop3D can import a large subset of Pov
objects and SDL from *.pov, inc and mat files.
A disadvantage is how it handles meshes. It imports the whole damn thing
and stores it in the file and memory. Unlike Moray which references the
mesh via a UDO. But all in all I like it as it is living and changing. I
believe that Hugo is working on a major new version.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen