POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wow : Re: Wow Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wow
From: Warp
Date: 19 Aug 2010 03:47:39
Message: <4c6ce19b@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu> wrote:
> Is there a typical sort of punchline to jokes about Finns?

  Not that I know of.

>  The main negative stereotypes I've heard is that
> they're untalkative surely drunks (who you additionally don't want to
> get into a war with), but this is based on about four web comics I read
> a year ago, so I have no idea if that's actually what the stereotype is.

  Well, the stereotypical Finn doesn't show emotions and always looks like
he/she is mourning, and doesn't communicate.

  While that's an exaggeration, it's actually not *completely* fictitious.
For example get a bus ride eg. in Spain and in Finland, and you'll notice
the significant difference (in the amount of loud chatter and the average
expression on people's faces).

  As for being drunks, is there any western culture which isn't
stereotypically so?

--
                                                          - Warp