POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : where to start? : Re: where to start? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:34:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: where to start?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Jun 2010 09:14:10
Message: <4c065922$1@news.povray.org>
On 02.06.10 12:07, jazzman wrote:
> My question is:
> Where can I get information about the algorithm POV-Ray is using?
> Can someone refer me to a specific file in the "source" directory of the source
> code which is responsible for the top-level ray-tracing?

Your are better off with a good book an ray-tracing. There are several
listed in the documentation (older ones, so your library is likely to have
them).

For a more current treatment, while it does cover lots of other subjects,
"Real-Time Rendering" 3rd Edition is a good choice. It also explains how to
do ray-tracing in parallel, and lots of other things.

	Thorsten