POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Networkrendering made easy : Re: Networkrendering made easy Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:47:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Networkrendering made easy
From: clipka
Date: 15 Nov 2009 16:51:58
Message: <4b0077fe$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers schrieb:
> Once 3.7 is complete, I believe more distributed forms of rendering
> would be possible.
>
> But one thing at a time.  The first 3.7 beta was released in 2005; I'd
> like to see this go final, first :)

Yes, that's the roadmap. While the basic architecture of 3.7.0 is in
fact geared towards generic support for distributed rendering, the
coming version will make use of that architecture only for symmetric
multiprocessing; anything beyond that is left for future versions, in
order to get this one stable and out of the door ASAP.