POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Color conversion : Re: Color conversion Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:05:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color conversion
From: SharkD
Date: 9 Nov 2009 21:04:31
Message: <4af8ca2f$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/9/2009 8:07 PM, Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> There is no "best" way of dealing with out-of-gamut colours. It depends
> on what you want from the image.
>
> Do you want to preserve...
> ...the in-gamut colours?
> ...the relationship between colours?
> ...colour saturation?
>
> Colour space conversion is a complicated subject.

Well, at this stage I'd like to know how to do all three.

However, I am running into additional problems. I am converting the 1929
Munsell data set (http://www.cis.rit.edu/mcsl/online/munsell.php), and
*not a single one* of the colors lies completely within the SRGB gamut.
You can test this by using the color converter found here:

http://www.brucelindbloom.com/index.html?ColorCalculator.html

Mike