POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC site - round open for voting : Re: IRTC site - round open for voting Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC site - round open for voting
From: clipka
Date: 8 Nov 2009 14:42:58
Message: <4af71f42$1@news.povray.org>
clipka schrieb:
> John Coppens schrieb:
>> On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 23:07:41 -0500
>> David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:
>>
>>> The round is now open for voting.
>>
>> Does anyone else have the problems I have with the 'stars' for voting?
>> They frequently show up as a vertical table of links (very much
>> impossible
>> to vote as the next line of stars overwrites them). I'm running Firefox
>> 3.5.3 here.
>
> Same problem here, with IE 8. Voted for two entries, then the "stars"
> went into mental mode, and don't seem to be inclined to revert back to
> sanity. Redoing from start (close browser, log in again) doesn't help
> either. The problem does not only appear with the entries I haven't
> voted for yet, but also on those I have voted for, and which were ok
> previously.
>
> Many 503 responses, too.

Tried again after some time, with more success. Only had glitches again
from the second to last image:

Firstly, on the second to last image the "stars" didn't react properly
on a single click, and instead needed two clicks to register. Then, when
clicking "save and next", I got some queer popup about whether I wanted
to save or execute a file with some cryptic name. When dismissing that
message by aborting, then clicking "save and next again", I was taken to
the very first image.

A "direct" attempt to vote on the last image (via the thumbs overview)
was successful.

Some other suggestions:

- When on the voting thumbs overview, clicking on an image should take
to the voting page, not the viewing page.

- Having a means to sort the voting thumbs overview according to my vote
would be a nice thing.