POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : yay! got my graphics tablet :D : Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D Server Time
5 Sep 2024 05:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: yay! got my graphics tablet :D
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Nov 2009 10:36:36
Message: <4af19f84$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Well, everyone has a special talent:  you have good math skills.
>>
>> I'm not sure where everybody gets this idea from. I have no idea how
>> to perform polynomial division, complete the square, factorise
>> polynomials, compute triangle angles or any number of other basic
>> school-level math tasks. (Not forgetting of course that I have *no
>> idea* what 7 * 6 is without getting out pencil and paper to calculate
>> it.)
>
> well, I thought your alias mathorchid and Haskell affinity would have
> anything to do with it.  Your fractal renderings too...

Heh, well, perhaps. Still, you don't need to know any maths at all to
install and run FractInt.

> How are you supposed to know about basic school-level math stuff when
> you didn't go to a normal school?

That's about the size of it, really.

> And forget that, you're way past that
> basic level, you're now an advanced math geek using computers to do the
> low-level math glue code... :D

Haha, well maybe. It just seems like there's a whole crapload of math I
don't understand that everybody else does. But maybe that's just because
I'm surrounded by people way smarter than me...