POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Service Temporarily Unavailable : Re: Service Temporarily Unavailable Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:38:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Service Temporarily Unavailable
From: Sherry Shaw
Date: 2 Nov 2009 00:45:18
Message: <4aee71ee$1@news.povray.org>
John Coppens wrote:
> On Sun,  1 Nov 2009 00:38:52 EDT
> "Robert McGregor" <rob### [at] mcgregorfineartcom> wrote:
>
>> Yep, I kept getting that too for a long time tonight - I suppose from
>> too many people all trying to upload at the last minute. I started
>> getting a bit panicked
>> - but I tenaciouly kept refreshing the page until I finally was able to
>> login and post my shot literally 1 minute before deadline (hmmm, this
>> is becoming a habit with me, the last minute posts; I need faster
>> computers!)
>
> Well, as I mentioned in my reply to clipka, I really wasn't in the mood
> anymore to do a submission competition. If the server isn't capable of
> handling the traffic, why don't we simply send them in by e-mail? That
> way they'll be queued by the mail system.
>
> John

Last minute uploads...Well, it seems to me that submitting *before* the
last minute is just throwing away time that could be spent on further
improvements--tweaking, greebling, that sort of thing.

Because NO scene is ever *really* finished...

Sherry "OCD" Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+