POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fall's Fury : Re: Fall's Fury Server Time
18 Apr 2024 02:15:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fall's Fury
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 19 Oct 2009 22:24:05
Message: <4add1f45$1@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge wrote:
> "Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] tektonartcom> wrote:
>> I had another weekend class--that is, about 16 straight hours in a
>> classroom--
>
> Yikes! That's one long class...

No kidding...last time I took one I vowed I'd never do it again, but
sometimes there's no choice.

>> and as always, I was doodling:
>
> Can't say I would've done otherwise ;)
>
> Nice image! It looks more realistic in the distance. Everything in the top half
> looks more convincing; everything below looks painted, IMO.

Yes, you're right, but I suppose I don't mind a blend of realism and
paint-ism.

> Lemme guess, leaf images mapped onto meshes? The effect is very nice. Your
> images always look great!

Thanks!  Actually, these are just POV-Trees, or rather, just one.

> Sam (not a real professor :P)

I'll call you professor anyway, since you tend to teach us new things in
the world of POV.