POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Scale Postfixes : Re: Scale Postfixes Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:43:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scale Postfixes
From: clipka
Date: 4 Aug 2009 23:10:43
Message: <4a78f833$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers schrieb:
> David H. Burns wrote:
>> "Rad" and "deg" for angles and rotation *would* be useful.
>
> They're already implemented.
>
> // Declares the variable rad to be 45 degrees converted into radians.
> #declare rad = radians(45);
>
> // Declares the variable deg to be 0.3 radians converted into degrees.
> #declare deg = degrees(0.3);

They're perfectly counter-intuitive for use in "rotate" though:

    // trying to express that I intend to rotate by 45 degrees,
    // with the effect of rotating by 45 radians instead
    rotate x * degrees(45)

    // trying to express that I intend to rotate by 0.3 radians,
    // with the effect of rotating by something particularly useless
    rotate y * radians(0.3)