POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ivy Generator : Re: Ivy Generator Server Time
16 Apr 2024 06:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ivy Generator
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 3 Jul 2009 11:09:36
Message: <4a4e1f30$1@news.povray.org>
hobBIT wrote:

> last week I started to write a little ivy generator

Looks great!

 > Please leave comments on how to increase realism

In the tower image, it looks like a large curved section
near the bottom is too distant from the wall to be attached?

Also, there is a lot of ivy on top of the objects while the
walls are more thinly covered. I'm no expert on ivy but this
seems a bit odd (but probably it just needs more starting
points to cover a wall).