POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Watching DVD's on big screens : Re: Watching DVD's on big screens Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:31:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watching DVD's on big screens
From: scott
Date: 30 Jun 2009 09:18:20
Message: <4a4a109c$1@news.povray.org>
> I could fancy some of that... How much does it cost to buy a decent
> ceiling-mounted projector these days?

Dunno, our old ones are huge monsters that look like they have come from the
80s.  I bought a portable desk-mount one a while back to take to customer
meetings and was really impressed how it knocked the socks off our old huge
beasts.  It was around 1000 euro IIRC, from NEC.  But saying that we just
got a 52" TV for our meeting room for about the same price and it means you
don't have to close the blinds when it's sunny to see anything, nor is there
is loud hum from a fan right above your head.  FOr a small to medium sized
meeting room it's perfect, but for anything larger you'd want a beefier
projector I would imagine which is going to cost a lot more.