POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Possible solution for camera conundrum : Re: Possible solution for camera conundrum Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:58:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible solution for camera conundrum
From: Chambers
Date: 4 Jun 2009 15:32:18
Message: <4a282142@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> But there should also be a "clip" option where the image is scaled up
> (and cropped) so the image output size is exactly as you specified and

I would be against that, as it would (essentially) be POV-Ray
automatically editing your image.  Let the scene designer edit the
image; let POV render it.

As far as specifying both width and height, with this system there are
three options:

1) Change the Pixel_Squat value *for this render only* to match the
specified dimensions.
2) Use the final of the two values as your input.
3) Throw an error at the user.

--
Chambers