POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : They're still doing it... : Re: They're still doing it... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: They're still doing it...
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Jun 2009 15:09:03
Message: <4a2578cf$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> In other words, you have to run the update installer to get the undesired
> add-on, rather than just getting it by visiting a website.

It comes with the new version (3.5) of the .NET runtime stuff. So yes, the
installation isn't "silent", but it's a small part of a large bundle of
updates. Plus, as soon as you start up firefox, firefox tells you it was
installed and gives you the option to disable it.  So it isn't "silent" in
any sense of the word, other than being bundled with a lot of stuff you
might want in a way that makes it hard to take the rest without taking that.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)