POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. : Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations. Server Time
24 Apr 2024 00:28:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New camera, or new camera docs illustrations.
From: Warp
Date: 27 May 2009 06:27:18
Message: <4a1d1585@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> If you read the rest of my post you'll see that I 100% agree with you, and
> this is what my proposed syntax allows, albeit with more flexibility than
> the existing one.

  It is currently possible to make a camera which always assumes square
pixels. Doing so in a way that changing aspect ratio affects the composition
of the image vertically (ie. the image is clipped or extended on the upper
and lower sides) is easy. The horizontal equivalent requires a bit more
work, but is also perfectly possible.

  (Personally I don't really recommend doing so, for the stated reasons.
I'd say the principal reason is that rendering for an anamorphic resolution
with non-square pixels cannot be done without modifying the scene file.)

--
                                                          - Warp