POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Hamapatch at risk of being lost due to Geocities shutdown? : Re: Hamapatch at risk of being lost due to Geocities shutdown? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 06:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hamapatch at risk of being lost due to Geocities shutdown?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 May 2009 10:16:49
Message: <4a1bf9d1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> schreef in bericht
news:4a1bf83c$1@news.povray.org...
> Except of course if Geocities is going to shut down completely?

...which seems to be the case indeed. I have checked other sites with
Hamapatch (crosswinds) but that closed down too. So, the only site is the
official Japanese one on Geocities. As no activity is reported there, I
presume that Hamapatch is going to die eventually. To tell the truth, I have
not used it at least since 2005 or 2006 when I switched to Silo.

Thomas