POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : POVRAY v4 SDL, Basic/Advanced/Intermediate : Re: POVRAY v4 SDL, Basic/Advanced/Intermediate Server Time
24 Apr 2024 14:30:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRAY v4 SDL, Basic/Advanced/Intermediate
From: nemesis
Date: 19 Apr 2009 20:13:57
Message: <49ebbe45$1@news.povray.org>
Woody wrote:
> Does that clarify my position and why I was using the wording I did?

Yes.

Still, I don't believe there are people out there composing Blender
scenes entirely out of Python scripts, as is the norm in povray with
SDL.  Blender is a graphical modeller and offers Python scripting to
write extensions, not scenes like povray.  So, people won't fly away
from povray in droves for Blender because of scripting, that's all.

Also, python is one of the simplest languages around, aside from the
declarative and limited approach of the SDL.