POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
29 Sep 2024 18:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: nemesis
Date: 16 Apr 2009 14:21:59
Message: <49e77747$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis escreveu:
> Yes.  Or from the command-line via ssh.  I remember when I was an emacs
> nut and asked my boss to install emacs on a client server before I could
> do some job there... :P
>
> A while after I realized there was a hell of a lot more in vi than
> simple, dumb line-oriented commands geared at systems admins...

hahaha, just had a good laugh now remembering that occasion:  it was a
job to be done remotely in some PHP code in the client, not programming
related, just settings.  Job done, all is well.  Next day I get to
workplace and my boss is walking around in circles, talking at the
cellphone, typing at a remote terminal, cursing like mad, not
understanding at all why everything stopped working at the client.

Turns out I thought it'd be a good idea, good programming practice, not
to allow globals.  So I turned off register_globals or something at
php.ini. :P  I then realized it could have something to do with it and
briefly mentioned it to him.

good irresponsible times... :)

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9