POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
29 Sep 2024 16:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: nemesis
Date: 16 Apr 2009 14:08:11
Message: <49e7740b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp escreveu:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Ubuntu doesn't
>> come default with Emacs installed and I guess neither do other
>> user-geared distros.
>
>   If I remember correctly, OpenSUSE doesn't install emacs by default
> either (unless you select it in the installation options).
>
>   Not that it matters, as it's trivial to install afterwards with a
> couple of mouse clicks.

Yes.  Or from the command-line via ssh.  I remember when I was an emacs
nut and asked my boss to install emacs on a client server before I could
do some job there... :P

A while after I realized there was a hell of a lot more in vi than
simple, dumb line-oriented commands geared at systems admins...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9