POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
29 Sep 2024 12:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 16 Apr 2009 00:02:14
Message: <49e6adc6$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> 	You can use rectangular editing to add space for that column. Then just
> change from insert mode to overwrite and add in the numbers.
> Alternatively, in a separate buffer, type in that column. Then use
> rectangular editing to copy that rectangle, and yank it into the text
> that you want.

	Actually, was just reading today. Apparently (and I haven't tried
this), you can _limit_ editing to a rectangular selection (it'll act
like a buffer). So you insert a rectangle of blank space. And then
restrict editing to within that rectangle, and it's slightly easier.

--
Lisa: Oedipus killed his father and married his mother.
Homer: Who payed for THAT wedding?

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl