POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
29 Sep 2024 10:18:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Apr 2009 15:24:36
Message: <49e63474$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen escreveu:
> On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:48:25 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>
>> Stephen wrote:

>>> Ctrl + Alt + Del ?
>> Yes. You press them all at once.
>>
>> The only place I've seen where a single "shotcut" involves pressing and
>> releasing multiple keys in a sequence is those magic ALT-code that are
>> supposed to insert special characters but never actually work right.
>
> In Windows (Praise be its Name!) If you press Alt + {a first letter of a menu
> word (or the underlined letter)}, release then the underlined letter of the
> command you want. You have your actual multi digit shortcuts.

Yes, I used a lot in Photoshop!  While my coworkers were manually
bringing down the menus, then selecting with the mouse submenus then
selecting the desired menu item, I had already used the feature.  :)

Keyboard shortcuts are a blessing.  Here's what Master Foo has to say
about GUIs:

http://catb.org/~esr/writings/unix-koans/gui-programmer.html

:)

--