POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
29 Sep 2024 06:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 15 Apr 2009 12:43:56
Message: <49e60ecc$1@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> 	Not really. A mouse usually has only 3 buttons (2 if you're unlucky).
> And I doubt any menu system can hold all the commands that exist in
> Emacs. Besides - harder to code macros if you have to do everything
> using menus and mice.

Or one button if you're really unlucky.

Isn't this what scripting engines are for, though? Many programs have
hundreds of commands, not all are accessible by the keyboard or menu
system or mouse clicks.

I don't doubt that Emacs is incredibly powerful... But, it's not always
the appropriate tool.

--
~Mike