POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
29 Sep 2024 06:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: nemesis
Date: 15 Apr 2009 12:36:14
Message: <49e60cfe$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford escreveu:
> Invisible wrote:
>>
>> Actually, it appears that kill = cut and yank = paste. (WTF?)
>>

> Yeah, that's pretty screwy terminology. Why not use terminology like
> delete, copy and insert?

Because it's geeky software in the same humorous way of nerdy MIT
tradition, where puns acronyms abound.  Why have boring enterprise-ready
names?

> Interestingly, Visual Studio has Emacs emulation. I don't know how far
> it goes, though. But, I suppose if you're used to doing things the Emacs
> way it could be very useful.

Yes, a very good thing when you're trying to bring C++ die-hards over to
your product.  I used it a bit and realized they provided even cyclic
buffers.  Funny thing is that they don't seem to have that functionality
available by default.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9