POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : World Community Grid : Re: World Community Grid Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:42:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: World Community Grid
From: scott
Date: 9 Mar 2009 07:35:10
Message: <49b4feee$1@news.povray.org>
> OK, I rephrase: I personally have yet to see a "white" LED that wasn't
> actually pale blue.

That's because you're used to "normal" light bulbs that are very very yellow
(just try taking a photo indoors with the camera on "outdoor" setting and
you'll see what I mean).  It's not that LED manufacturers can't make this
colour, it's just there is no demand for it (backlights for LCDs need a much
bluer white than normal light bulbs).  If you want to make a yellower colour
yourself then you can make your own yellow phosphor to put on a blue LED, or
just place some yellow LEDs around the white ones :-)