POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : I want a working POV-Ray for Intel Macs : Re: I want a working POV-Ray for Intel Macs Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I want a working POV-Ray for Intel Macs
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 4 Mar 2009 11:03:57
Message: <49aea66d$1@news.povray.org>
KEBman wrote:
> Yes, that's what I want. I think it's lame to blame it on malfunctioning PowerPC
> emulator when you should have made the binary work on both PowerPC and Intel
> Macs in the first place.

You do realize that Apple shifted from one day to the other from PowerPC to
x86 with no advance warning except for their largest software vendors, Adobe
and Microsoft? To ask a software released before that move to support
something that was not known at the time is a joke, and a bad one!

 > The Design of Everyday Things by Donald Norman

Which is a really nice book discussing issues that have absolutely nothing
to do with POV-Ray - but maybe you could recommend it to people at Apple
that change directions at light speed without regard for backward
compatibility...

	Thorsten, POV-Team