POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Grandad : Re: Grandad Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grandad
From: Tim Cook
Date: 29 Jan 2009 12:07:29
Message: <4981e251$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>  Yes. He's just too young and so is she.

The too-young argument irritates me.  It's not about age, it's about
maturity, which isn't really tied to age.  [insert conservative grousing
about how the liberals won't let people raise their kids properly these
days, too much government, more-than-a-little racist statement that is sworn
to not be racist, things used to be so much better, etc.]  [insert "won't
someone please think of the children?", etc.]

>> (Either that or I'm just jelous because I'll never know what it feels
>> like to have a girl actually fancy me...)
>    Ah, shucks mate, when it happens, it will happen. It will hit you like
> a bolt of lightening. And it *will* happen.

Yeah, at least Invisible goes outside.  Me?  Was taken to go shopping by
people met thru playing D&D/Shadowrun (that game on hiatus for a long while
now) on the 3rd around 11 pm, a cute church-soliciting girl knocked on my
door on the 10th and just stood there grinning while I tried to figure out a
polite way of saying "I have no idea how to interact with people let alone
cute girls so pls go away kthxbye", I checked the mail on the 14th or so
around 1 am, took out the trash on the 25th, checked the mail again on the
27th, and paid my lot rent on the 28th, nervously chatting with the old lady
there about the economy for a few minutes.  Apart from that I've not left my
trailer, let alone seen/talked to anybody all month.  (See also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid )

C'est la vie, eh?

--
Tim Cook