POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Documentation Migration : Re: Documentation Migration Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:54:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documentation Migration
From: Eddie
Date: 21 Jan 2009 22:48:08
Message: <4977ec78$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> [...]
> Eddie .... if you have PHP experience maybe work on the wiki extensions
> might start sooner. If not it's going to have to wait until I'm up to
> speed.

Jim, I don't know PHP but I suspect you're approaching this the wrong way.

You don't need to create PHP scripts, you simply need to create one or more
XML documents with the text of the pages in the WIKI text format.

You can download a few pages to see what the format looks like:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Special:Export

Once they're ready you can e-mail them to an admin like Chris who can import
them and the pages defined in the XML file(s) will get created.

Let me know if you need more detail.

Cheers
Eddie