POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : a parse error in Blockwall.inc : a parse error in Blockwall.inc Server Time
18 Apr 2024 02:07:16 EDT (-0400)
  a parse error in Blockwall.inc
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Jan 2009 05:32:31
Message: <496c6dbf@news.povray.org>
I don't know if we should discuss problems encountered with the use of
objects from the Object Collection here.

Let me just put forward my puzzlement. When using the spline macro for a
circular wall, I find that the diameter value often gives a parse error. For
instance here, with 3.6*z:

#declare Blockwall_Spline =
spline {
  cubic_spline
  #local I = -0.25;
  #while (I<=1.25)
    I, vrotate(3.6*z,-y*I*360)
    #local I = I + 0.01;
  #end
}

The message says: "Attempt to access unitialized array element", and refers
to line 1185 of blockwall.inc.

A value of 2.9*z for instance works correctly, but again, 5*z or 6*z lead to
the same error. It seems rather random and I fail to see what goes wrong, or
what I am doing wrong for that matter...

Any idea?

Thomas