POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Three Vista annoyances so far : Re: Three Vista annoyances so far Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Three Vista annoyances so far
From: Darren New
Date: 4 Jan 2009 22:30:44
Message: <49617ee4$1@news.povray.org>
Number four:

Sometimes you click on something, and it takes a moment to start, and you
aren't sure whether what you did worked, you don't always get your
hourglass-style cursor. The only way to tell if the dialog is busy sometimes
is to move the cursor over a button and see if you get the little blue
highlight on it fading in and out.  I can't tell you how often I've clicked
on the wrong thing because the click got accepted the first time and it just
didn't respond for a few seconds.

The number of times Vista lets the focus get stolen is annoying too. XP was
real good at that, and I understand Vista tries to prevent pop-unders or
something by not letting you *not* steal the focus. Seems like the wrong
answer, to me.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?